Minera Pic's & Info...
W & J Jones Convalescent Home
Funded from the 1913 will of John Jones, who instructed that the home be named in memory of himself and his brother William, who had both been co-owners of the Island Green Brewery in Wrexham. Completed and opened in 1918, its first patients included wounded service men from the 1914-18 Great War. In 1951 the home was purchased by Denbighshire County Council for £18,000 after the trust struggled to meet rising maintenance costs.
The same view 100 years apart - Looking towards the village of Coedpoeth from Five Crosses, Minera.